Recipe to homemade Indian Semolina Sweet\ Sooji ka Halwa:)
- 1/2 Cup Ghee\Clarified butter
- 1 Cup of Semolina\Sooji
- Handful of Raisins
- Handful of Cashews
- 2 1/2 Cups of Hot Water
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
For Sugar Syrup:
1. In a pan, add water and sugar.
2. Allow the sugar to dissolve by stirring the syrup consistently until the syrup starts boiling.
Note 1: Maintain the heat on medium flame.
Note 2: Dont allow the syrup to thicken.
1. In a wok, heat the clarified butter\ghee on medium flame, and follow it up by adding and sauteing cashews and raisins.
2. Now add Semolina\Sooji to wok, and keep stirring it intermittently until Sooji turns golden and starts oozing out ghee. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
3. Now add the sugar syrup into the wok and let it cook for another 5-7 minutes. Cook on low flame and keep stirring the mixture.